Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally Fall



I'm not trying to rush the seasons here, but, once the kids are back in school, fall seems more around the corner than it did last week when we were swimming in the pool or going to the beach. It certainly isn't because the weather is different. It's only August.

When we lived in Maine, it seemed like there were only ten perfect days in summer, and Heaven forbid we had to work on one of them. There was a sense of urgency to savor them all. Cancel everything! Sun's out and the temp's going up to 78 today!

I didn't like the end of August, because there were already red and yellow maple leaves showing themselves off. Evenings turned into sweatshirt time, and shorts went back to the top shelf in my closet except for those few warm afternoons which I clung to as if they were treasures. The growing season was coming to an end and my vegetable garden had given us the best of itself by Labor Day. It was easy to feel cheated since Maine's summer is so short. I never got my fill of flowers, heat, late sunsets, or the color green. For me, August was always sad.

Except for occasional hurricanes, I love Florida. We're spoiled with greenery and flowers year round. Heat we have in abundance. Beautiful days seem endless, no matter which season we're in. Leigh and I sit on the lanai sipping coffee in the AM, and after almost 15 years here, we still pinch each other.

I'll always be a Mainah at heart, but the trade-off for warm sunshine and sense of well-being is worth doing it long-distance. There's no place I'd rather be than Maine...for those ten good days.

Finally Fall has smooth, shiny jade flowers linked with silver to Czech facetted crystal. The slide is gorgeous on an omega chain. It calls attention to itself with it's warm marbled browns and greens. Fall, we're ready for ya!

One of a kind.

Bracelet $49.oo
Slide $24.oo
Sold as set for $69.oo
For purchase or questions email JuniG@bellsouth.net

2 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts about Maine, June. It took me back in time, too. And your jewelry is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Greetings of the Day,

    We are Brillante Jewelery from Jaipur, India and New York, United States. We are Manufacturers and Exporters of 925 Sterling Silver and Natural Gemstone Jewelry and Loose Gemstones. We are a team of 120 people who are committed towards providing best of the class quality & services to our clients all across the globe. We have more than 50000+ unique jewelry designs to choose from, adding new designs every week in our catalog.

    Contact at
    Sandeep Singh Chauhan
    brillantejewelry007@gmail.com
    instagram-p9911197914
    www.brillantejewelry.com

    ReplyDelete