Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rest & Amazing Grace

We are enjoying the challenge of organizing, editing, and publishing this blog as well as posting jewelry pictures & linking the primary sites. A few times, I have found myself bogged down (or 'blogged' down) in computer details and taking a break to clear my mind. Housework is a great 'mind clearer', but, more than anything, sitting quietly with God makes for the BEST rest. Psalms 16:11 says, "You have made known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, and at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." No other presence gives that kind of joy. All other pursuits look to me like a dog chasing its tail. It's the difference between a circle and a short straight line. The circle of busyness and living becomes a treadmill with no end in sight and only hollow reward. The short straight line takes me quickly into the presence of my Father. Rest and joy are only a short sigh away. I find myself ceasing my own movement and waiting to hear His heartbeat. Then it's easier to acknowledge who's in control. The Faithful One. The Almighty. I appreciate what God is teaching me in this journey. It's always BEEN, always IS, and always WILL BE about Him. When you see me doing something different, and I will, please love me enough to remind me.

Amazing Grace combines Laura Tidey's gorgeous lampwork beads with turquoise, wood rondelles, Bali and Thai sterling silver. Brown and turquoise are great in any season.

$68.oo

1 comment: